Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 2013: Everyday Champion - Jennifer Hubartt



Congratulation's to Jennifer Hubartt for being selected as MCCOY's Everyday Champion for the month of February 2013!

What is your profession or vocation?
Currently, I am serving as the Director and Regional Manager for the Indiana Department of Child Services, Marion County/Region 10 office. Effective 3/4/13, I am taking a new position as a Magistrate for the Marion County Superior Court, Juvenile Division. 

How are you an Everyday Champion for Youth?
I have worked with children and youth throughout my career, as a staff attorney for DCS, then the Chief Legal Counsel for the agency, and currently as the DCS/Marion County Director and Regional Manager. I have a passion for serving our youth, families, and community and believe this work is both rewarding and inspiring.

What impact do you hope to make on youth?
I have sought to advocate for youth and family issues throughout my career, through legal work and agency management. My goal is to provide the best services and outcomes for families and youth who are involved with DCS and the Court.

What's one thing that you wish an adult had told you when you were a young person?
I cannot think of anything specific for this response, however, I have personally come to realize that once you find something about which you are passionate and committed, in my case child and family services, that you may work and serve in many different capacities toward that goal. I have had a great experience holding a variety of positions and feel that I have been a part, along with all of our partners, in achieving a great deal of progress and improvement working for youth in this community.

What do you want to do next to support youth?
I am looking forward to serving children, youth, and familes from the bench as a Magistrate with the Marion County Superior Court, Juvenile Division.

No comments:

Post a Comment